 Space / 26635
Re: Look at this a Super Star Destroyer !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:22:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
In lugnet.space, James Wilson wrote:
In lugnet.space, David Koudys wrote:
Arthur C. Clarke
Dave K

Arrgh!  I was trying to think of the actor/character names, and couldn't get
those initials. And I read all 3 of the "2001" series, too.  Is 39 too young to
start claiming senility as a defense?
James

There are four books in the series...check out 3001.  I've read just about
everything Clarke has written...and liked most of it,
--Bram

I love 'Childhoods End' and such, and July 2019 (the sci-fi 'fact' book about
life a few years from now) is also pretty good.

The last 2 books of the 2001 series were good, but, like Asimov, I found the
final books 'wanting', for lack of a better word.

They were still very good, but they suffered from 'sequelitis', I guess...

Dave K