 Space / 2642
Re: Inspiration and eye candy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 02:58:37 GMT

I forgot to mention insects, like beetles, potato bugs, etc.

Also go check out the Genus Thomisus at:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ednieuw/australian/thomisidae/crabspiders.html

Absolutely beautiful...

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://tor-pw1.netcom.ca/~milovan/index.htm

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic writes:
To tell you the truth, the only things I go by when I'm building 4+ legged
"beasts" is the shape of the bricks and how they interact with each other to
form cool joints and shapes (a good example is my "Gorilla"). And it's also
because I have a certain fondness for spiders (and crabs, yummy...), nature is
the best source of inspiration for me, just check out:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ednieuw/australian/Spidaus.html

Generally, I just close my eyes and think of what would look kewl...

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://tor-pw1.netcom.ca/~milovan/index.htm

In lugnet.space, Patrick Justison writes:
After being aware of the quality and originality of design of SF3D models • (and
others) for a while I have begun to compile a list of some of my favorite
eyecandy.  Some of the four legged walkers look a lot like some of Mladen's
stuff, i wonder if he was influenced by them?  Many of the sites are in
Japanese, so just click away at anything that appears to be a link.  Anyway
enjoy!

http://www.linkclub.or.jp/~sada/mak/main.html
http://www.kkuda.co.jp/kow/index.html

Here is a really good listing in English, great pictures too.
http://www.q-net.net.au/~nipngnwm/inventory.html#shutaircraft

I had some others but they were not as good.  I'll post them if you want.

later,
Pat J