 Space / 26097
Re: Nuhvok-Ka - Final Update - motorised
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:27:10 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Allister McLaren wrote:
(cross posted to space since that's where I mostly hang out, and it is kinda
'spacey')

Well folks, as hinted at earlier, I've added a pull back motor to my bionicle
transforming car, and managed to retain the same transformability as before. The
'core' was completely rebuilt to fit the pull back motor, and for some reason
getting the arms and les into the same position was much more difficult this
time. They almost fell into place accidentally on the first one. Go figure.

I've also included a short video of it transforming and drving off. It's a
smidge under 1Mb, so those labouring under the limits of dial-up ;) may wish to
consider carefully whether or not to download it. It's not exactly the pinnacle
of excitement, but it does show the action better than photos.

I. LOVE. THIS.

I watched it 4 times.  Allister...stick your head out the window...you should be
able to hear me clapping, despite the 14 gazilliom kms distance.

Form...function....amazing.

Fine, fine work sir.  My highest laudations.

Cheers,
-G