 Space / 25897
25896  |  25898
Subject:
What camera do you guys use?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 02:27:25 GMT

My birthday is coming soon, and so I’ve asked for money. I’m saving up for a new camera, and currently my eye is on the

Fuji s602. It has a 6x zoom, extremely fast shutter response and burst rates, a good macro- 1 cm focus (although this has some barrel distortion, I’m planning on eventually buying some close-up filters so I can do macro with no distortion and at full zoom) and a hotshoe.

I’ve been really impressed by some of the pictures here, and I’m wondering what cameras you guys use. I know that Bram uses a Nikon coolpix 990 (I think) and that the coolpix line is great for macrophotography, but I wanted something a bit larger with more versitlity. I currently use a Sony P-71, but it simply doesn’t focus close enough and doesn’t have any manual features, such as aperature control, shutter speed, flash sync, etc.

So, what do you guys use? Any recomendations?

-JHK