 Space / 25327
25326  |  25328
Subject:
I finally finished a new MOC - the Raven X racing craft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 01:55:35 GMT

This one has a little "Before and After" feature.  Moments after deciding to
redesign my 5th grade MOC, the Raven, along came Gil Shaw's .space Timewarp
idea--a website where .space'rs can showcase the transition from an old moc
made before curved slopes and complex minifig faces (and skills) to a
redesign done in modern style using all the stuff they've learned from this
fine newsgroup.  ;)

Anyway, if you're like me, you probably just scroll to the links and read
the text later, so here they are:

Original Raven (1991/1988):
http://www.band.calpoly.edu/~tsciorti/lego/lego.html#01

Raven X (2003):
http://www.band.calpoly.edu/~tsciorti/lego/lego.html

Raven X is a custom built racing craft.  The two things on the nose are
supposed to be 1x1 cones, but for some reason povray never renders that part
right.  The main challenges were in the engine, the area behind the cabin (a
lot of things had to be connected there--thrusters, tail fender, seat back,
and the whole thing had to not fall apart), and the cockpit controls.  I
wanted to try something different rather than use the 20 year old "space
control panel" part like I always do.

So Gil Shaw, if you're reading this, here's another set for your Timewarp
page!

-- Tom