 Space / 24808
24807  |  24809
Subject:
Extra characters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:43:03 GMT

While all the extra {braces} and [brackets] and {[braces and
brackets]} surrounding text now and then must be nice looking
in the web version (they apparantly get translated to html
versions of bold and italic and the like), they make the
ascii versions of these news posts rather unreadable.  I
get this through mail;  not via the web.

Is there an option I can flip that removes all these extra
characters, like a "send me messages in plain text" option?
(which I thought there was, and I thought I had set.)

bharris@gaijin.com                                          www.gaijin.com