 Space / 24542
  Retro Bots

I'm a huge fan of Classic Space and retro sci-fi in general. Lately, I've been sort of stuggling with pulp robots and I just wanted to say a thank you to both Chris Giddens and Timotheus Deering; you're bots were the right kind of kick-in-the-teeth (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Retro Bots

(...) Looks like you've been consulting Dr. Terrible S. Deering laboratories. Nifty. -Grand Admiral (URL) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Retro Bots

(...) beautiful! totally 50s --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com Jain's Guide www.wildbrick.com Start planning for BrickFest 2003! The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event! www.brickfest.com (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Retro Bots

Thanks Mark, I've got some brains on order for more horrific pulp-bots. Umm.. that doesn't quite sound right. Hopefully, there will be more robots soon. (Although I spy Maddison's sweet little hardsuit screaming to be copied). Anyway, I've always (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Retro Bots

Thanks wubwub, I really dig retro-scifi; sometimes way retro - say Victorian Era. But I first feel in love with artwork from pulp scifi mags of the 30/40/50s. Spaceships with giant fins, bulky robots that are challenged by stairs, and thinly veiled (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Retro Bots

(...) Oh yea! That really was the golden era :-) Don't forget "advanced futuristic computers" that were only the size of a small house :-) hmmmmm maybe I will get that frelling building room done... (...) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com Jain's Guide (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Retro Bots

(...) Hey Wayne. Groovy Bots, keep up the good work. no problem, you can call me Dr. Terrible. I built acouple more bots awhile ago, too lazy to post the pic, so i'll post the pic in here >: D (URL) The hard part for me with bots would be the name (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)