 Space / 2433
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Design-a-Civvie Contest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 23:55:29 GMT

I'll accept things on a case-by-case basis.

If you're designing a racer that you want to have hidden "naughty bits,"
then I'll accept them as long as they are the small/hidden type, and not
the main focus of the vehicle. Bear in mind that most race vehicles are
checked over by race officials, and weapons will also add weight, so
anything sneaky is going to need to be small and tucked away. I don't
want to see a trapdoor with some kind of huge mega-cannon under it.

You have to admit that most people post pictures of starfighters and such
(myself included). I just want the main focus of this contest to be the
things you don't see in Sci-Fi movies or LUGNET for that matter.

~Mark

In lugnet.space, Jason Ellis writes:
I've got a question, what if you're building a racing vehicle and its • supposed
to be used by a "bad guy".  We've all seen the movies where the bad guy • has a
concealed weapon which he uses to cheat and blast away the • compition.  Does
this mean that this type of vehicle is not allowed since it has a weapon?

Jason
http://www.geocities.com/vci_99.geo/lego

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hi Everyone!

Ok, I have posted the official rules, and they can be found on my • website.
I will accept entries starting now, and I will stop accepting them at
12:00am(00:00) July 1st.

Please do notask me to change the rules and/or categories. I have
defined them based on what I want to see and what I am able to judge
and give prizes for.

I will post pictures of entries as I receive them.

Good Luck!

~Mark
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego/