 Space / 24293
Re: Hasbro goes to the bricks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 16:27:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jonathan Mizner wrote:
   Hmmmmmm...this may not be a bad thing. It might finally be the kick in the butt necessary to get Lego to wake up and release more modern sets, and get past their anti-violence fears. At some point they simply have to go ahead and do it.. They’ll have to now, to compete with things like this. Maybe we’ll get to see Gundam sets in a year or two, perhaps..

One thing I really enjoy about LEGO maintaining “non-violent” production is military MOC creativity. With the introduction of “violent” sets, many are tempted to use “short-cut parts” for weapons. This part, for instance:

I see a lot of really good MOCs that could’ve been a lot better had they put as much effort and detail into their craft’s weaponry as they did the rest of it. That’s not to say I haven’t used this part in the same manner. Nor is it to say it can’t be used well for other things.

But I also find myself continually impressed with the new uses for parts and solutions for representing weaponry that people come up with when not using short-cut parts.

The less short-cut parts we have, the better.