 Space / 24152
24151  |  24153
Subject:
Varian Class startship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:58:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

After may months lurking, I have posted my first finished MOC.

The Varian class starship UES Levin.

A little backgroud:
This particular example has been pulled out of mothballs, refitted for
scientific research and renamed the UES Levin. Originally a multi-service ship
the Varian class ships were used for scouting missions by the millitary and to
transport members of the  diplomatic corp. The ships had large engines and were
typically packed with communications gear, leaving little room for crew and
passangers. In the case of the Levin the communication equipment has been
replaced with the tools needed to carry out biological research. The Levin
retains the large engines and is capable of out running most ships, a
requirement given the insecure nature of deep space.

LMKWYT

cheers,
scott.