 Space / 23596
23595  |  23597
Subject:
Classic Space Pod, the Sardine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 03:22:38 GMT

During the peek of the POD frenzy I built this "Classic Space" pod, but just
recently bought a digital camera.  It is just barely big enough for a
minifig with airtanks.

It was designed as a work pod.  It gives the driver/wearer greater
protection from the dangers of vacuum than just a suit alone.  It has
several grips and attachment points that makes the pod suitable for
maitenance and salvage roles.  The craft is pressurized but is not suitably
rated to allow its use without the use of a pressure suit.  It does allow
the pilot to open his visor which at least means he can blow his nose or eat
or drink.  The compactness of its size lead to the nickname "the sardine
can" which was later shortened to just "sardine"