 Space / 23170
Proposal: build a future Lego Space theme!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 03:31:11 GMT

Hey all,

I got this idea a few weeks ago and wanted to sound it out here.  Since the
license for Star Wars will most likely end after the release of Episode III,
I got to thinking/hoping/fantasizing about TLG returning to producing it's
own original Space themes.  In the interest of feeding them some ideas of
what I'd like to see, I struck upon the idea of creating a "sequel" to an
old theme.  Here are the guidelines I've come up with so far:

1.  Design and construct a set for each price point from the smallest to the
largest, trying to keep the piece count as close as possible as to what it
would actually be for that set.

2.  Keep the original minifigs (they may never bring 'em back, but stranger
things have happened!).

3.  Try to keep the same color balance of the original theme for continuity,
yet be able to subsitute one color for another in order to distinguish the
old from the new.  For example, my theme will be Futuron II.  All the models
will be mostly white, however I will use trans-red glass and dark red for
the accent colors.  Another example, Space Police III in black and dark blue
with trans-red glass.  Wouldn't that be so sinisterly cool?!

4.  In the interests of maximum playability, I'm going to attempt a modular
construction style for all the sets (just like in Blacktron I) so that
modules from one set can be attached to modules from another set for further
adventure!

What do y'all think?  I've already got my first Futuron II set, the smallest
of the line, built and ready for action.  When I have my theme completed,
I'll post it on my website.

Dave