 Space / 23132
Re: Some Wallpapers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:45:26 GMT

Cool! I think I like the 2nd one the best. The lighting seems more natural.
I like those craters too. The 1st one has some really cool elements, like
the swirly planet and the nebula. But I think the light sourcing on the
models doesn't give them much depth. It looks like you did try to compensate
for the lighting on your monster-sized ship. Your original pic I recall had
nice, even lighting instead of that hard, cold, single light source for that
space effect. Maybe use the Burn Tool some more and really darken the dark
side of the ship. Another thing I've found is sometimes a little blur helps
add depth to large, far away objects. Try it on your planets or massive cap
ships in the background.

-Dan