 Space / 23109
Re: New Moonbase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 22:21:46 GMT

Thanks for the ideas Hendo.
I am already working on geting the interior populated and stuff.

What do you think? just physical training stuff? or should it include like
computer simulation room and technical proficiency (i.e. mechanic/construction)?

I noticed that my white classic space guy had moved from where I originally
had posed him:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/spencerf10/SpaceMocs/MoonbaseModules/dscf0077.jpg

Thanks,
Spencer

In lugnet.space, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.space, Spencer Fuller writes:
I have just finished a new moonbase.  It is like the base in the mountain
concept.  I think of it as a training facility.

Great concept!  I like the little spires on the top of the mountain and the
way you incorporated the connector corridors.  I also love your pictures
with the minifigs having fun climbing all over the model.

As for suggestions, two things come to mind.  First, adding some "cool
spaceman training stuff" to the interior might be cool.  I picture something
with ropes, ladders, and maybe a monkey.  <grin>  Given the size and space
of the base level interior, I think this model would function well if there
were a hinged-air-lock-bay-door at ground level that was large enough for a
mid-sized rover to pull in and out, maybe something large enough to bring a
crew of four out to train on the lunar surface.  I realize this idea would
require you redesign a large portion of your module, but if you were looking
for a project, there you go...  :)

Great job overall.  Love all that dark gray!

Build On!
-Hendo