 Space / 22623
22622  |  22624
Subject:
More Legoland California Space Shuttle Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 15:06:49 GMT

I've finally posted more pictures of the Space Shuttle
at Legoland California.

My understanding is that this model was to go on display
in miniland, complete with the Crawler, Launch pad, etc.
It was also supposed to be animated with a launch sequence.

I was told that the person that was heading up this project
no longer works for Legoland, and so the project was shelved.

This model is now on display in the Guest Services/Season
Pass office just inside the entrance gates to Legoland as
a memorial to those lost in the recent shuttle accident.

I'm sorry to say that there is some glare evident on some of
these pictures from taking them through the model shop window,
but they would not let me into the model shop to take proper
pictures!

Enjoy!