 Space / 22564
Re: HD-73 "Grubworm"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 03:54:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Austin Little writes:
-Austin

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mrmookow15 (Brickshelf)
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php?r=2046175606 (MOCpages)

P.S. Critique is accepted as well as needed and wanted, so blast away (with
phasers set on stun, if ya' know what I mean)

  I wasn't sure what to expect when I first saw you mention you were
building a Reaver (I used to like using them, but now I get sick of having
them die without getting any shots off due to lag..*ahem*).  But I really,
really like that model.  The hinging door idea was pulled off very well, and
the cannon meshes with the vehicle itself very well.  The window arrangement
is very nice, especially with the angles involved.  The one thing I don't
like about the model are the big panels on the sides, they seem too large
and too squarish.  I think it might've worked better either split into two
pieces on either side, both angled slightly, or else using some 3x3
plate-without-corners on the bottom half of the sides.  Overall, I think
you've made a rather nice little MOC, and it's a pretty good rendition of
the Reaver in small scale.