 Space / 22433
  A piece of SPACE... no more.... darn it.

Hi all, Haven't been building lately (much) due to planning and leading a mission trip. Well on that trip one of my college students dug up this 17 pound chunk of something: (URL) can look through pics 00075 - 00084 Check out the cool crystal like (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A piece of SPACE... no more.... darn it.

I could tell right away it was slag. By the melted looking portion on the top and the overall angular look to it. Too bad. Yeah they are very cool. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A piece of SPACE... no more.... darn it.

I used to love combing the local cliffs for space debris after a sizable chunk of iron ore metorite was discovered one year on a class trip. Bummer that it didn't turn out to be as spacey as you hoped, but it still led to a profitable trip to the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A piece of SPACE... no more.... darn it.

Yea, bummer that it wasn't what you thought. Those "observation" pics works though! (...) COOL! -Andrew (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)