 Space / 22412
Re: They're not pods.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:00:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gary Thomas writes:
Hi all,

I've posted images of some small space/aircraft designs that I've been messing
around with for a few months.  They were going to turn into an ISCC entry, but
I never got around to it.  The part counts only range from about 30 to 50
pieces, but I kind of like how they came out.

These seemed to have be moderated within minutes, so I'll risk it and post the
folders only:

Renders (better):

Real:

Later,

Gary

--
Real men don't highlight their own posts.

I love the renders and the real shots being virtually identical!

Nicely done on the ships as well!

It still amazes me how folks like you can do so much with so few pieces!

These new renderings that everyone's posting are absolutely phenominal as
well--too close to the real thing!

One thing I've noticed, and I don't thing rendering programs would ever get
this sophisticated--

Look on the wing-- the light shows the inconsistanceis that most LEGO bricks
have coming out of the mold--the slight waviness across the flat part
between the studs--the indents where the tubes are underneath.  I think it's
caused when thicker plastic cools down and shrinks more than the thinner
parts of the brick.  You can see this very well on most plates bigger than 2x2.

It's just something I've noticed in pictures when the light is just right.

Keep up the great work!

Dave K