 Space / 22398
Re: Website move
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 07:25:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch writes:
One thing: LEGO (that is, the company) commonly ask people to refrain from
using their brand name in URLs, so you might want to try and think of a
different URL for your site.

Mmm, so many people do it I thought it was OK.

http://lego.kepplah.com
http://lego.bldesign.org

for example... have you guys ever gotten any complaints from Lego?

I used to use lego.arnesson.nu (later www.arnesson.nu/lotek and now
www.lotek.nu). I never received any complaints from TLC though. The change came
after reading up a bit on TLC fairplay.

And sorry Adrian but Dan is correct about the domain name/path issue.

To answer the question in the first post, I used to work for an ISP and my old
co-worker let's me use their servers for my domain for free (as long as I don't
draw too much traffic). I have some 300MB OnLine now...

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)