 Space / 21176
Re: Mini Alphabet Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:14:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
I thought since Lego is making mini scale ships from the Star Wars movies,
why not make some mini scale Star Wars ships from Jon Palmers Alphabet
Project. I did only four ships and you'll have to forgive me for 2 things:

Cool!  I had planned on doing these but now that you've started you have my
blessing.  Please do them all, I need to wrap up this entire project and
move on to some other stuff anyway.

Well I would have liked to see how you would have done some of these. Not
sure if I'll do them all or anymore after this batch. We'll see.

1. The color scheme isn't dead on.
2. The scale is a tad off.

Phooie.  The color on mine is just "paint" anyway :-)
And in regards to the scale, almost none of the LEGO mini's seem to go with
each other.

The D-Wing

Probably my favorite.  Very cute.

My favorite also. Just because I like the larger version the best.

The F-Wing

I like this much more than you do.  The engine could maybe be bulked up a
bit, but I don't know how.  Great job.

Yea, the engine was a pain. I tried a few diffrent things but one way was no
better than any other way. So I just went with the engine set up shown.

The G-Wing

This is one I might end up doing.  I had visions of that bell jar in my head
from the start.  When I do this I'm going to try some different stuff with
the engines.

The bell jar is what started this whole thing for me.

The M-Wing

I can totally tell that the m-wing was a lot of work.  Even so, this is my
least favorite, but I can really appreciate the unique way you built it.
That would have never occurred to me (or at least not for a long time).

It's hard to get detail into something thats suppose to be "Micro" already.
The first versions of it were far worse :).

I can't wait to see more.  Awesome.

Thanks Jon

Jamie
www.ozbricks.com/jneufeld