 Space / 20985
Re: new MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 21:43:35 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Anthony Babington writes:

I don't have a name for it yet, and I think the folder title fairly well
explains it for those who watch Anime. for those who don't I'll explain. the
MOC is based (very loosely) on the design of Spacegoing Freight Haulers in
Cowboy Bebop. 18 Wheelers in space, basically, and they all look roughly
like this, pulling long trailers behind them (couldn't make one of those
that was solid enough to attach to the back of the MOC, so it's on it's own)

Cool ship- as others have mentioned, the triangle shape is done well.

A couple of years ago, I saw a (live action) movie called Space Truckers
with big space tugs pulling long chains of cargo pods.  The idea sounds
similar to your description of Cowboy Bebop.  Space Truckers was horrid, by
the way, but visually entertaining in parts.  Their tugs looked quite a bit
like modern trucks, but space-ified.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com