 Space / 20017
20016  |  20018
Subject:
Moonbase Module - "Purplestar" Interstellar Internet Connections
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 05:57:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Okay, since I saw Allister put his great Tour Bus Module up, I've pulled my
finger out and taken a few pics of my humble effort.

Purplestar Interstellar Internet Connections provides speedy and reliable
internet access for those Moonbase citizens who like putting pictures of
their wacky Lego Creations online for all to see.  Prices are good - 20
Credits a month, plus the cost of a planetary phonecall, gets you unlimited
hours, 50 Terabyte download  (.5 Credit a gigabyte beyond that).

The business employs five people - A receptionist, two call-centre girls and
two server-admin dudes.  The owner, one Jodian Rech, is usually out hopping
from party to party in his space-car (seen in the last photo, with the
enigmatic silhouette).

Some things you won't see in the photos are the string-powered lift and
airlocks, the server (basically rows of 1x1 neon cylinders on top of each
other), or indeed the connecting corridor.  But I assure you they're there :)

Michael Dallaston