 Space / 19949
19948  |  19950
Subject:
Fresh Duckfish
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 04:44:08 GMT

Hi again,

In my recent photographic frenzy I also snapped off a few more pics of the
DuckFish that are a bit clearer than the ones I posted last year.

see http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=28626

The DuckFish is a multiphibious craft capable of traveling through virtually
any terrain, although it is especially suited to swampy environments.
Propelled by the large rear thruster it is a fairly capable atmospheric
craft, and can even handle small interplanetary trips.

Using the small ruddered thrusters on the side it is a highly maneuverable
submersible craft. They can also used for pushing it across the water's
surface, although the flat curved hull makes for a fairly bumpy ride at
higher speeds. It is far better suited to wading through shallow waters at
low speed using the feet to propel it like a duck, and it can also walk when
the closeness of the foliage and lack of water preclude any other mode.

It's owner/designer Billy-Bob Witherspoon II has spent many years traversing
the swamps and jungles of Alpha Centauri B in this craft and has made quite
a fortune poaching the local fauna (he prefers to think of it as 'freelance
trapping'). Despite his wealth, he rarely ventures into civilisation,
preferring to remain in his beloved swamps.

The Authorities, iterested in getting him to 'help with their enquiries'
(something to do with some inherited parking tickets oddly enough) gave up
trying to track him down long ago, having been repeatedly frustrated in
their attempts to find him.

On his good side, he cooks up the finest campside lemon chili Cetaurian
Swampfish this side of the Horsehead Nebula.

The craft itself is unarmed, but Billy-Bob rarely ventures far from it
without his faithful Blunderbus, not to mention his Rugged Adventurer's Hat
(tm) - after all, it's a Jungle out there.

Cheers, and enjoy
Allister

ps. I think I'm getting the hang of this backstory lark.