 Space / 18479
Re: Romulan WarPod
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 03:44:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, James Wilson writes:
In lugnet.space, Jeffrey M. Szklennik writes:
Kirk & the U.S.S. EnterPod ran into trouble along the Romulan Neutral Zone:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jeff-S/Space-Mecha/Small-ships-pods/Romulan-WarPod/romulanwarpod01.jpg

Jeff

Wasn't the Romulan ship in the original series called "Bird of Prey"?

yes, the name was switched in the filming of ST: III movie (Kirk was originally
going to steal a Romulan Bird of Prey, but when the writers changed the script
to a Klingon ship, the 'Bird of Prey' name was accidentally left in, so,
afterwards, they left the switch;  in ST:TNG, the Romulans ships are Warbirds)

So shouldn't this be a Romulan Pod of Prey?  Or would that be a Romulan Bird
of Pod?

Yes, but I couldn't really decide which name I liked better, or which is 'more'
correct in the long run, etc., so I went with the current naming convention.

What's next, a Klingon BattlePodder?  Space Station K-Pod-7?

James Wilson
Dallas, TX
Lugnet #1783

I was going to make a Klingon, 'Pod of Prey', but in the original series it was
a D-7 class cruiser (I think); I'll probably call it 'Klingon D7 Pod'  so
people will know it is yet another pod custom!

Jeff