 Space / 18026
Re: New MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:03:49 GMT

Just realized that I hadn't gone back to comment on these!  The pod is a
nice, no-nonsense design...and full of grapey goodness.  And of course,
those pod doors......

I quite like the capsule however and was equalled intrigued when used on
Jamie's pumper.  I think the capsule could be a new basic concept to run
with and yours is great starting point into the category, IMO.

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Andrew Martin writes:
My computer died a little over a week ago, so I haven't been able to reply
to any of the new stuff around.  All of Jamie's Star Wars pods have rocked,
as have all of the other new pods that surfaced.  Anyway, I've got a couple
little MOCs.

I wanted to make a purple pod, so that's what I did.  I didn't have many
purple pieces, though, so it looks a lot like Jon Palmer's spy pod.  It also
takes a little bit from Gil Shaw's Spyke.  I'm bad at photography, so if
it's hard to tell, the dishes are sand purple.  The windshield is made of
1x1 transparent purple bricks.  That's not the best way to make a
windshield, but I couldn't think of a better way to make a purple one.
Anyway, here it is:
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~martinam/MartianDesign/PurpleHaze.htm

Remember Jamie Neufeld's space fire engine?  We all loved the little pod
that went with it, so I thought it would be fun to make one myself.  And
since the word "pod" has taken on a new meaning since then, I'm calling my
little thing a capsule now.
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~martinam/MartianDesign/Capsule.htm

Let me know what you think.

-Andrew