 Space / 17179
Re: simple MOC, moonbase corridor cap
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 20:16:25 GMT

A very useful and nice MOC. I would think everyone would bring different
caps for his or her module, but this uniform cap really makes the project...
well... uniform. Also, most caps I have seen don't include windows and now a
dead end is suddenly a viewport!

Thanx for sharing! Alexander

In lugnet.announce.moc, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Hi all,

Just a very (!) small MOC for the Moonbase project.  I'm normally a castle
guy, but I wanted to get in on the fun of this group build.  Eventually I'll
make a whole module, but last night I threw this together.

At a convention or such where there are many modules, there are bound to be
dangling corridors that connect to nothing.  We would need to have something
to cap off these open hallways.  I offer the following simple design based
around a TIE window:

Some deep links until the folder is moderated follow:

The light gray part is just supposed to represent the end of a Moonbase
corridor.  The actual cap is the dark gray part:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hietbrink/miscellaneous/moonbase/corridorcap/cap3.jpg
You can see in this pic that a fig just fits, so he can look out at the
moonscape below:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hietbrink/miscellaneous/moonbase/corridorcap/cap4.jpg
Here's the cap disconnected from the corridor piece:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hietbrink/miscellaneous/moonbase/corridorcap/cap5.jpg
I've got step-by-step instructions (kind of fuzzy, sorry), but you can
easily see how it was put together from this exploded view:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hietbrink/miscellaneous/moonbase/corridorcap/capinst00.jpg

I tried to make this from pieces that everyone would have.  You could do it
without those L-shaped bricks but it would be less sturdy.  I figure if a
few people would bring some caps like this to a show it would help in
assembling an air-tight moonbase.

Bruce