 Space / 16867
Re: UD-5P Personnel Transport Variant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:27:51 GMT

This is a real behemoth Matt - all meant in the best way, of course!  You've
done a great job of taking Mark's incredible design and tweaking it to give
it a distinct personality of it's own.  Of couse the side egress and the
deployed rear ramp are the real sellers.  I would love to see this paired
with a troop and equipment contingent in a diorama of some sorts.....perhaps
even a 'destroyed moonbase' module.  The 5P landed in the midst of a
destroyed module to investigate the remains of an alien assault.....with of
course the remnants of the connecting tunnels left in tact at the junction
points :>

Very cool.

-G

PS. Beautiful photography BTW

In lugnet.space, Matt Sekerak writes:
Hi all!  This is the latest variant of the UD-5 VTOL, the P-Model.  Sister
to the UD-5C "Mama Rog" (by Mark Sandlin), the UD-5P is the second
generation troop transport, outfitted with new engines and egress hatches.

The engines incorporate a mid-core centrifugal flow compressor which creates
a pre-swirl effect on intake air to better feed the combustion chamber and
variable geometry exhaust vanes.

The fuselage now has three means of entry/exit.  The forward is primarily
used by the flight crew, while the mid and aft points are designed for troop
deployment.

I would like to thank Mark Sandlin once again for his original design.  This
is my favorite ship to work with lately, let me know what ya think.

-Matt

.