 Space / 16778
16777  |  16779
Subject:
Calling All MoonBase Mods: NJAC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:58:19 GMT

Hi,

I mentioned this briefly in another thread, but got no reply as of yet.  On
October 11th-13th, I will be attending NJAC (Not Just Another Con) at UMass,
Amherst.  This is a smallish sci-fi & gaming con that is trying to get off
the ground after a couple slow years.  A non-Lego friend of mine is working
with the organizers of the event to identify simple attractions (i.e. events
that the Con doesn't need to shell out cash for).  He asked me to consider
running either BrickSiege or one of my non-Lego games.

But as this Con focuses on sci-fi, I thought it might be a great opportunity
for any available MoonBase Modules to be linked and displayed.  Currently
most of the Mods listed on the official MoonBase site look like they are in
other states or countries, but if perchance anyone with a Mod might be
interested, I'd love to meet up with you at the Con and see how big of a
MoonBase we can generate.

I can't be certain, but they might give us cheaper (or free?) admission if
we organize such a display.  **Any interested Mod builders should e-mail me
directly and I can then involve my friend in the conversation.**

The Con's current website:
http://www.umass.edu/rso/scum/

The MoonBase site (for any locals thinking of building a new one):
http://www.classic-space.com/moonbase/start/

I copied this to .ma and .lugnet since it is in that area, to .events since
that's where other Cons are discussed, and .space since that is where most
MoonBase discussion is.

Followed Up To .events to keep it simple...  (I hope that was the thing to do.)

-Hendo