 Space / 15140
Re: Terraformer Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:43:27 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeff Jardine writes:
In lugnet.space, Duane Hess writes:
Hey, all! I've just purchased a digital camcorder and was able to update all
of the pictures for my planetary terraformer.

That's some extensive greeblification (nurnification?) on top.
I love the little backhoe, and the suspension looks impressive.

The suspension did take some time to get right. Even so, it tends to blow
apart every once in a while. I saw Terry K.'s ULV a few years ago and have
tried to build a comparable vehicle ever since. His insights helped me find
the weak spots while still in the design phase.

Were these pictures taken after terraforming had taken place?  If so, why would
they make such a strange checkerboard pattern on the planet's surface?

Jeff J

That way they don't have to plant vegetation continuously. They plant it in
patches and let it grow in. :-)

-Duane