 Space / 14509
14508  |  14510
Subject:
Classic Space Conspiracy Theory (was: Re: Classic Space, With a Twist)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 05:14:40 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom Sciortino writes:

[Mucho-Space-Quantum-Snippage!]

Ah, the good old days of classic space.  Where everybody is your brother and
the cloning lab is just a hop-step away from the rocket base.  I don't know,
though...  some of those rockets looked suspiciously like ICBM's.  It was
the early 80's, you know, and the cold war was in full swing.  Didn't you
ever think that the red astronauts were just a little *too* red?...
Hey, didn't it begin with just red and white spacemen?  With all their huge
rockets?  Just because they're in the same set, doesn't mean they're on the
same side.  This is all beginning to make sense, all these parallels with
the real world!  The different colours representing different countries...
Yellow-China, Blue-Britain, Black... turned into Blacktron...  Iraq?  They
were our friends, now they're our enemies... :)

Seriously, I've thought of making 'Space-Brother Is Watching You' signs :)

Well, yeah!  That's what Beta 1 Command base was for!  Nobody needs *that*
big of a monitor.  Unless Beta 1 was the annual Superbowl hang-out.  Then it
would be okay.
Looking at the picture on Lugnet (don't have it in ABS, waah :) ) it looks
like a white guy (american) base, while the commies attack and nick their
spaceship.

So it must be superbowl.  Damn!

<wanders off to formulate more classic space conspiracy theories>
<Wanders off to get a life> :)

Michael Dallaston