 Space / 14453
Re: ISF-Permafrost: Ice Planet 2002 Contest Entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 19:34:31 GMT

Apologies for replying to my own post, but I realized I had forgotten to
state the category...

Bigger Air - to 450 elements.

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Greetings,

After being wowed by the entries so far, here is my touque thrown in the ring...

The ISF1-Permafrost  (Ice Superiority Fighter).

The stalwart of the IP Defense Force, this interceptor can either skim the
glacial surface using the magnetic emitters in her main mast, or employ the
high yield pulselift generator and vectoring grav cones for operational
ceilings of up to 1000 feet.

The IPDF has armed this craft with an array of devestating weapons.  The
plasma bolt cannons use recycled mass from the engine core to emit
auto-repeating rounds capable of penetrating the densest armour.

The main offensive weapon are the 2 hardpoint mounted ski-by-wire IOD
(Independent Ordanance Delivery)projectiles, or 'snowpedos'.  Once locked on
the target either by visual confirmation or remote intel, these units are
dropped to the surface, deploy their stabilizer phalanges and actively track
the target for ranges up to 120 miles.

Also a strategic fighter, the Permafrost carries a compliment of
auto-deploying Shard proximity mines that can lay a 'red line in the snow'
to stop all intruders.

On to the show....

PLMKWYT!

PS.  Apologies for the smudging on some of the shots...having some issues
with the camera.