 Space / 1443
Re: Space docking port
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 05:39:48 GMT

"Bram Lambrecht" <braml@juno.com> wrote in message
news:20000222.224311.5095.2.braml@juno.com...
In lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, Damian Garcia writes:
Looks nice.  It's kind of big though...can anyone come up with a very
small door for small ships?
I felt the same way with the end result.  In the middle of building it, I
read a post that indicated support would be an issue, so I beefed it up.  I
was thinking small, and it ended up larger than I wanted.  I have found
through my own experiments that the 4213 hinge does more for support than
any other "latching" part on my design.  I think it should be looked at.

The opening is too small for a fig
to walk through, but I think it's still a nice size--sort of like a hatch
in a real life submarine.
    I agree, as a hatch, this is a cool, compact design.  I was thinking
more of a walk through door, though.  If we want it to be as small as
possible, I think the hatch would work best.