 Space / 13899
Re: New MOC: The Redtail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 23:33:26 GMT

Awlright!  Nice stuff!  The ship really came together well and has an
excellent 'functional' feel to it, if you get my meaning.  I always like to
see MOC's that look as if they could easily be a set that someone could
purchase and basically have fun with right out of the box.  This definately
has that quality.

Strangely, one of my favorite elements of it is the red roofing on the
aft-dorsal section....gives it finished look and a dab of colour.

Also serves as a reminder...must get bubble canopies.

Cool.

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Jonathan Mizner writes:
I've finally gotten around to taking photos of the Redtail, and posting them
on Brickshelf.  I have to thank Tony Knaak for his Gunboat, which inspired
me to build the Redtail.  I took a few liberties with the construction,
mainly the design of the pod (and the entry method), the guns (slightly
different than the actual guns), and the exclusion of a third wheel (the pod
takes the place of the middle landing gear).  Images can be found at:

The MONO pod:

The landing gear:

The top of the Redtail (detail of roof):

Interior construction of gun pods:

Kit model of the Redtail:

Please LMKWYT!