 Space / 13704
13703  |  13705
Subject:
Strange new species of alien life discovered
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 01:51:40 GMT

Special report from space police INTEL to all police units operating in
the delta sector.

We captured this transmission between notorious space pirate Captain
Blackhole on his ship, the Blackstar and what we think is his hidden
base (which we still cant find) which is refered to as "Blackskull" in
the transmission. The transmission was intercepted by one of our units
operating in the delta sector.

Blackstar: Blackhole calling Blackskull.
Blackskull: Reading you loud and clear on high security channel alpha 1.
Blackstar: Get a repair crew out to my location pronto, the hyperdrive
isnt working and we can't figure out why.
Blackskull: The Blackswamp is on its way to your location now with a
repair crew.
Blackstar: Over and Out.

Later on, we got another transmission.
Blackswamp: Blackswamp calling Blackskull.
Blackskull: Blackskull here.
Blackswamp: It looks like something has bitten through the hyperdrive
power couplings, we need you to have replacements standing by when we
arrive.
Blackskull: Any ideas what caused it?
Blackswamp: Nope
(some time passes)
Blackswamp: WHAT THE *beep* is that?!?!?!?!
Blackskull: Say again please.
Blackswamp: There appears to be a strange creature inside the hyperdrive
  of the blackstar and its eating through the reactant tubing.
Blackskull: What does this creature look like
Blackswamp: It appears to be some kind of bug-like creature with large
"jaws" at the front and a huge tail-like appendage on the back.
Blackskull: Anything else?
Blackswamp: Looks like its got some kind of shell on the back, the color
appears to be largly black with dark grey markings on the shell.
Blackskull: Use the Mark III photon gun we stole to remove it
Blackswamp: Ok. Over and Out.

We dont know what this creature looks like but from the captured
transmissions, we have reason to believe that this is a new, highly
dangerous subspecies of the creature known as a "fleebnork".
All units operating in and around the delta sector are advised to watch
out and to activate all anti-fleebnork defences. Anyone seeing one of
these strange creatures should contact HQ immediatly so that we can
capture it for study purposes.