 Space / 13471
Re: A minifig scale F-14....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:23:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Adrian Drake writes:

That's a really nice looking Tomcat!  How close is it to actual minifig
scale?  It's a good use of the new contoured slope pieces too.  It's a shame
that Lego doesn't make realistic looking military airplane canopies, and we
have to make do with the overly cylindrical Naboo Fighter ones, but that's
life, I suppose.

You had to ask the scale thing didn't you?:) Well, I checked the scale with that
Lego Scale Converter and got the following dimensions:

Length: 57 studs/65.14 feet
Actual F-14 Length: 62 feet.

Wingspan (open): 46 studs/52.57 feet
Actual F-14 Span: 61 ft, 10 inches

No height yet..I'll post that tonight.

And yep that canopy problem is something we have to deal with. Could be worse,
tho...could be using those Mega Blok canopies (yuck!). I wish that the canpoues
would have more than one attachment point too..they have a tendency to usecure
themselves relatively easily. But that's life:)

Joe