 Space / 1340
1339  |  1341
Subject:
Very teensy update.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:57:25 GMT

    Well I now have one more picture of the ship on the title page. Nothing
much,  just a head on shot with my grim reaper thrown in for scale.

    Coming soon I'll have a few more pictures ( probably thumbnailed in a
new section). I have decided to construct the third and final revision of
the long corridor section that connects the front and back. Its funny
because the old one (which still hasn't been demolished yet) was actually
one of the most complete parts of the ship. Reasons I'm making this section
again are because:

    It was built  for a previous incarnation of the  front and back and
therefore lined up better before.  I didn't like the fact that it wasn't
symmetrical from top to bottom like the rest of the ship is now.  I'm not
happy with the hull plating on this part.  I've also decided to go with all
trans green canopies on the ship and this section has a lot of trans red.
Lastly I built this and didn't give much thought to the interior of this
part and the new one should be more easily accessible.

    I'll probably show some of the initial construction of the new section
and I have taken some pictures of the old section to show the differences.
I'm going to treat this page for the time being as a sort of place to
observe the construction as it goes-- If this seems boring please tell me!
: )

    I'm even considering giving it a "ship yard" feel for a while to make
the most of the unfinished ship. Maybe building little robots and
construction equipment just for while I display pictures. I build fairly
irregularly--I'll go 2 weeks with nothing then suddenly slap some more stuff
on. Hopefully I'll pick up the pace now that I have a wee site.

    Next week I'll have to give back the camera to my friend (hopefully not
for too long) and so I might not update for a bit but I'll concentrate on
building.

    Thanks and all feed back is welcome!

    Jon.. Going to bed at last...