 Space / 13272
Re: 2 Space MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 23:50:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Matt Hein writes:
These are awesome! I like how you set the camera angles and the shading.
What version of LDraw did you use? Was it LEO CAD, MLCad or another version?
Did you render these in POV-Ray with the light source, or is that en extra
function of the program (LCad)

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet member No. 1112

I assume that you talking about the interior of my spaceship.  Well, I just
used MLCad and L3PAO to render on Pov-Ray.  For the most part, I just
inserted the 'pov-ray light source'when needed.
For this picture:
I made an sub-model that was simply a 2X2 space radar dish with two light
sources in it, creating the effect(I hope) of a working light.

As for camera angles, I moved my curser around in MLCad and found the
coordinates of where I wanted the camera to be.(The 2 coordinates appear at
the bottom of the screen)  I then selected in l3PAO the 'camera coordinates'
option, and inserted the coordinates in the box directly below the said
switch.  I went back to MLCad and found the coordinates of were I wanted the
camera to look at.  Then, near the bottom of the L3PAO screen I checked the
'camera look-at" box and inserted the coordinates of were I wanted to look
at.  Then I simply rendered.

For the galaxy-background like picture, I used Chris Colefax's galaxy
include files:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/
Hope this helps.

John Kruer