 Space / 12255
Re: Alpha Team Mission Deep Sea Robot Diver: Aliens?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 05:04:48 GMT

In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
Is it just me or does the little robot diver set look A LOT like the dock
loader robot exoskeleton that is used in the movie "Aliens" (reduced scale,
of course).

:)  This is too cool!  You can't do much with it aside form the exoskeleton
configuration ,but there are two technic pin holes on each side that would
make a great knee.  Get two and you have the lower legs to a dock loader
that is at a more true scale.

And, the skeleton head is more freakish in design..they look like the skulls
of some of the alien minifigs we have seen over the last few years!

~Trev
The Astro Lift Company:
http://home.cogeco.ca/~tpruden3/index.html

HAHAHA I said the same thing when it hit the shelf here!  It does look
almost the spitting image of Ripley's Bay Loader.  BTW I don't know about
you but I am thinking of putting some effort into gathering a few of 4790
and/or 4793.  There are some great underwater and mech parts to scalvage off
them and most importantly those skeleton heads are awesome.  Wish they would
bulk sale those heads!