 Space / 12093
12092  |  12094
Subject:
Two new spacecraft MOCs: Avenger & Prospector
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 00:58:30 GMT

In a couple of recent lucky visits to K-mart, I recently acquired several
Podracer Buckets and one Robo Stalker, and from these
plus a few pieces from my collection, I built a couple of new spacecraft
which I think are good enough to post on Lugnet.  LMKWYK.

The Prospector is part of an asteroid mining operation.  A large mothership
vessel, carrying several Prospectors, travels to an area where there are
multiple asteroids that are candidates for mining.  The Prospectors are sent
out to collect samples, and these are then analyzed.  The mothership then
processes the asteroids with the best assortment of minerals.  Life support
is minimal on a Prospector, the theory being that it is only apart from the
mothership for a few hours.

Each Prospector has a laser drill for extracting samples and a claw for
collecting them, each mounted at the end of a robot arm.  Two
storage/analysis compartments are located on the top of the craft.  Basic
analysis can be done on the spot but for detailed analysis samples are
returned to the mothership.

Brickshelf:

My website:
http://www.wards.net/~bill/lego/space/prospector/

The Avenger, on the other hand, is a warbird.  A sleek fast fighter with
powerful engines and excellent maneuverability, it is armed with a pair of
powerful laser cannons.

Brickshelf:

My website:
http://www.wards.net/~bill/lego/space/avenger/