 Space / 12058
12057  |  12059
Subject:
The Terrorformer! (BT1 Contest Entry)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 05:22:14 GMT

Hi all!

My submission to the BT1 Space Building Contest Catagory 5...

http://www.valyance.com/home/lego/space/terror/

For those in control, I suggest the use of this thumbnail...

http://www.valyance.com/home/lego/space/terror/overview_closed_thumb.jpg

...The page above describes most of the important details of my spacecraft,
both from my story perspective and from a builder POV.  Some interesting
points:

1. Modular Design compatible with some original BT1 sets.
2. Mid-section slides on cog for wall to open four studs as an exit.
3. Swinging Weapon Arms in mid-section hide compartment for cog piece.
4. Rear engine section uses town wheel hubs as thrusters, although not
mentioned on my page, it is intentional that they are positioned as three
inverted yellow triangles forming one big one (as in the BT1 symbol).
5. Cockpit and engine sections form a cool looking heavy scout ship.
6. Use of old ship ballasts as side tanks is my first ever use of such elements
since I got the ships twenty years ago.  It was there that this MOC began, and
with the look of tanks I had thought of the name Terra-Former.  The name has
now changed with a play on words to better suit the BT1 theme.
7. Yay!  With this submission, I enter my first Lego-related contest -ever!
8. It was darn fun working on this project -and under pressure!   :)

Cheers!  (and LMKWYT, etc.)
-Hendo