 Space / 11732
    Re: Now Presenting... Three Galactic Alliance Carriers —Jordan Greer
    Heh, I know what ya' mean about lack of parts... For my new (large) ship I had to buy 500 1x4 black bricks and take the white and black out of my entire collection to create it. This time, I integrated the superstructure. I made a huge mistake with (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Now Presenting... Three Galactic Alliance Carriers —Kenneth Tam
   Glad to help a fellow minifig Capship builder! We're a dying breed, I think, or at least not as numerous as microfig builders. Actually, I've chosen not to use slopes for the look of the ship -- I'm one for right angles, though I don't know why. I (...) (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Now Presenting... Three Galactic Alliance Carriers —Jordan Greer
    I like right angles too. =) However, other people just don't seem to appreciate right angles anymore, what with all their fancy schmansy slopes and curved bricks! =) The truth is that I'm too broke to buy slopes, so I just buy a lot of basic (...) (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.space)

        Bricks = Blocky? Nah... (Was Three Galactic Alliance Carriers) —Steve Runnels
   (...) I've started working on a capship, or 2 ;), and I don't have anywhere near as many slopes and plates as a lot of ppl here. And I only have 3 blue tubs, yet what I'm working on will be FAR from boxy and consist mainly of bricks. :P I guess I'll (...) (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Bricks = Blocky? Nah... (Was Three Galactic Alliance Carriers) —Kyle Keppler
   (...) Werd. You can definatly make something not look boxy without using a ton of slopes. It's called SNOT ;-P. I have found that large plates work well for large ships. They make it lighter too! <plug> Check out my ship: (URL) </plug> --Kyle (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Bricks = Blocky? Nah... (Was Three Galactic Alliance Carriers) —Kenneth Tam
     With you on that! I like to think that my work with the Carriers has left them a bit less boxy than... well... *boxes*. They lack the curves of a ship like Myase, but I try to keep them slim and trim all the same. Curving the front and back ends (...) (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Bricks = Blocky? Nah... (Was Three Galactic Alliance Carriers) —Jordan Greer
    What the heck is a SNOT? What the heck is a BURP and all those other commonly used acronyms for that matter? Whatever a SNOT is, I don't have one in all likelihood.. As for pre-curved things, I have a boat hull from one of those "boats that really (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Bricks = Blocky? Nah... (Was Three Galactic Alliance Carriers) —Duane Hess
   (...) (URL) out the FAQ. Most of the commonly use acronyms are there. SNOT = Studs Not On Top. It's not a piece, it's a building technique. Generally, it involves hinges or Technic pieces to mount standard pieces at odd angles. The fun part is (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.space)