 Space / 11421
11420  |  11422
Subject:
Classic Space Helmets - A question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 05:24:53 GMT

Hi everyone, I have a question for any classic space minifig experts.

I recently won a few eBay auctions for 'classic' space minifigs in all the
colors and now I have received the items, I have noticed a peculiar
difference in the helmets.

Basically on looking at the helmets, there are 3 types - all are the classic
helmet, with the thin chin guard and large face hole, but I have the
following;

1. Standard helmet with no dimples for visors
2. Standard helmet with a dimple on both the left and right side for a visor
(I'm guessing that these are for the second generation minifigs with the
visors
3. Standard helmet with only 1 dimple on the left hand side. The right hand
side has no dimple.

My question is, what is with the third helmet? Is this normal or is it a
case that Lego used the 'old' mold for the left hand side of the helmet and
the newer visor style for the right hand side?
It only occurs on my blue space minifigs, the other colors are either in
style 1 or 2.
Is this a known thing, or have I stumbled on a molding anonimaly?

Hope you guys can help me out!

Thanks,
Richard.