 Space / 11160
Re: The Galaxy Intruder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 03:59:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, Scott DeWolf writes:
Hi.
My name is Scott.  This is my first post, so I am a bit nervous.

Having just started re-collecting LEGO in 1998 after an 18-year hiatus
and only have the space and time to build the box model, I have attempted
my first MOC.  This is based on the classic galaxy explorer.  While the
undercarriage and internal cockpit can use some work... I'd like to hear
what others think.

Cheers

Scott "Captain Scoots" DeWolf

Wow, Scott!

Nice interpretation of a classic!

I have to admit that even though I'm a spacehead, I've never really cared
for the classic space "blue-on-grey" look.  (duck, flinch, and run!)  Maybe
it's because I first started collecting space when Blacktron (the first
incarnation; mostly black, with yellow highlights) came out.  Anyway, I love
the way you've updated this ship.

I'm curious, though;  where did those decorated slopes come from? and that
canopy piece?  These may seem like silly questions, but I haven't had the
money to collect new stuff for quite some time. :o(

Great job, and welcome!

Dirtman