 Space / 11077
Re: Royal Oak class destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:12:46 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jordan Greer writes:
Yes. Sorry about the bad quality of the pictures, but as I have no
experience with taking pictures of Lego ships, I tend to make mistakes.
Yes, that is a bow mounted weapon (made up of about 20 pieces or so).
There's another one like it (not exactly like it though) on the aft section
behind the forward superstructure.
Heh, the thing that looks like a bedspread is the throw rug in my room. I
had to take it with that because my carpet is a horrible, yellow, stained,
ugly piece of junk.
I'd have taken it out in the living room, but I didn't want my 2 year old
niece to come and play with my ship while I was taking pictures...
Anyhow, when I get my new rolls of film developed and buy more film I'll
take better pictures.
For these pictures I made several mistakes. A) Leaving the flash on. It
produced awful glare which I had to electronically reduce. B) The area
wasn't naturally lit very well. C) That rug.
Oh well though,  it's better than my ancient cruddy Polariod. ;)

Taking pics of Lego is tough, I'm still starting on my learning curve. Have
you considered a digital camera? I'm pretty happy with my Kensington SVGA
USB web cam, it has a manual focusing ring to let me get close, and the pics
aren't bad. It ran me about $40, with a $20 rebate in the mail. I took
photos of my Smith's shop with them.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~ghaberbe/legosmit.htm

Prior to that I had to use a parallel port web cam, interpolated to 640x480.
The pics mostly sucked, and I lost a lot of detail, but I could occasionally
get something good. This cost me about $20 a few years ago.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~ghaberbe/troopgev.htm

I know with my rate of success (maybe half my pictures turn out good) I
would go broke on film.

George