 Space / 11007
  The I.S.S. Daedalus

Ever wonder what the first human ship to leave the solar system was? It was the International Star Ship Daedalus, with a crew of 22. It's trip to Proxima Centauri paved the way for fleets of ships to be built!!!\ (URL) of Planets also announces the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: The I.S.S. Daedalus

(...) Wrong! The USS enterprise was the first ship to travel beyond our solar system. (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The I.S.S. Daedalus

(...) You're both wrong. It's (IIRC) Voyager 2--it should beat the Pioneers past the heliopause, even. (Strange but Stupid Fact: Voyager 2 is the fastest-moving vehicle ever built, relative to the Earth!) That said, I like the ship, Rick. Very (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The I.S.S. Daedalus

(...) Well, duh. I knew that. I will rephrase it. The I.S.S. Daedalus is the first human ship to go faster then the speed of light. (...) ooo Thanks! Look for it's big brother, the Urania soon. Rick (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The I.S.S. Daedalus

(...) Rick, Nice, unusual looking spaceships (Urania, too). It makes me want to try nanofig scale. I also like the informational picture. George (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The I.S.S. Daedalus

(...) <tongue planted firmly in cheek> Well, I wouldn't exactly classify the Voyagers or Pioneers as "ships". Unless we accidentally left somebody holed up inside on the pad ;] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)