 Space / 10814
Re: synergy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 04:28:48 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
howD all,

sandlin and i were yakkin about how our building styles
have evolved as a result of seeing all of the the other
folks stuff out there, and so i thought i'd post to drum
up some responses....

How many of us feel like our skills are improving?

I think that a lot of people, if not everybody, has improved their skills.

Also,
i'd like to say the _I_ for one feel like the MOCs
i see are constantly improving.  the stuff that gets
posted now is WAAAAAY better than stuff from last year
and i think we are really experiencing what Bucky
Fuller called 'synergy' which is kinda the whole being
more than the sum of the parts.  we seem to be feeding
off a lot of shared energy and ideas

Well, IMHO, when ideas become so overused, they start to reverse the whole
creative process. I *attempt* (don't always succeed though), in almost every
model, to innovate on a certain area. I also try to use as few existing ideas
as I can (i.e. the mecha mini-fig legs idea), and come up with my own
solutions. The more each person strives to innovate, the more original and
creative each model, we see here on LUGNET, is going to be.

I do agree about the shared energy though. I get very excited when I see new
models that impress me. It really makes you want to build.

AND I'M LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVING IT ALL!!!

thoughts? ideas?

-p

Mladen Pejic, over and out!