 Space / 10560
    Re: How do YOU make your hangar bay doors? —Tim Courtney
   (...) Interesting. Train hinges? Anyways, I recently built some doors that are 18 studs tall and 16 wide each, and slide on a track apart and together. They are on the outside of the ship so the surrounding surface of the ship is flat. I used the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: How do YOU make your hangar bay doors? —Jordan Greer
   Yup, train hinges. I just turned them at a 90* angle, attached them to the doors and ship, and I had a very strong, and simple door. Train hinges are actually great for this sort of thing... (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: How do YOU make your hangar bay doors? —Tim Courtney
   (...) Sorry, I should have said 'what is a train hinge?' ;-) So...what is it? Never heard of one before. -Tim (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: How do YOU make your hangar bay doors? —Jordan Greer
   Hehe, neither had I until I took a good look at one of the trains in the Lego catalog and then saw the part on brickbay. It's a 2x4 flat piece with a 3 plate tall end part that is either a small peg, or a holder for the peg, which allows 90° (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: How do YOU make your hangar bay doors? —Tim Courtney
     (...) Heh...I've never heard those called 'train hinges' before. I can see how they're used on trains (I would assume to couple two cars), but that would somewhat limit a train on its ability to go up and down a grade. Anyways, do you have pics of (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: How do YOU make your hangar bay doors? —Adrian Drake
   (...) Ahh, those things, more frequently used (at least for me) as trailer hitches in classic space sets. I've always called classic space trailer hinges, as I'm not that aware of many train sets (okay, any train sets) that use this. Adrian -- (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.space)