 Robotics / VLL / 22
21  |  23
Subject:
motor always on ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vll
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:59:03 GMT

Hello

I've just downloaded the RCX beta SDK and I'm so far in over my
head.....

I have 2 microscouts, the Fiber optic system, and an RCX now with the
new firmware.

I've followed links to many GREAT web pages, and also have the Scout
PDF, that list all the VLL codes for the microscout.

OK, so far so good.  I tried playing with the example VLL program that
was in the help file with the ATLClient and fooled around with the 4
options for making the motor turn on in the microscout.

  ms_Script_Fwd10(C)

this was fun for a few minutes until I got sick of the beeps.  A little
more digging, and I found out that there are Direct commands and
Scripting commands

I could find no reference to the list of commands available so I read
the RCX2VLL.H  file in notepad and almost in plain english are all the
direct and scripting commands.  so I beamed the Direct command for motor
on to the microscout.  It worked.

NO beeps; the downside is that it does not stay as a program. (I guess
that's why it is a direct command) the other pitfall is that the motor
does not stay on.  It turns on for (I guess) 1 sec. then floats off.

you can stack the "ms_Fwd" command but the motor will pulse on and off.

My long winded question is:

Can I change the code in the vll.h file to make the motor always stay
on?  The macro from that file is:

macro ms_Fwd(v) {vll_start(v) vll_1(v) vll_1(v) vll_1(v)  //111 0000000
     vll_0(v) vll_0(v) vll_0(v) vll_0(v) vll_0(v) vll_0(v) vll_0(v)
vll_stop(v)}

As a second question, IF the motor can not always stay on they what
purpose does this direct command serve?

ms_Stop_Motors

Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @