 Robotics / Vision Command / 82
Re: Vision Command Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 02:37:34 GMT

3. Is the camera pretty good at distinguishing different colors, light, • etc?

Color detection is not realy good for my opinion. A little difference in
color and the camerasoftware will not distinguish it anymore as chosen • color.
(when light changes -> the colors do too !)

VC only uses Hue to detect color.  The color is trained by showing it to the
camera.  Hue varies between 0 and 359.  A match must be within +/- 10 of the
trained color.  A big problem with detecting color with this method is that
white or grey can be confused with any color.  The bottom line is you really
need to provide easy conditions for the VC color detection to work.  Say a
yellow ball on a blue background.  You are not going to make a mobile robot
that picks up after you with VC.