 Robotics / Telerobotics / 45
Re: RF communication between PC and RCX - anyone tried it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.tele
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 04:17:41 GMT

Sorry this actually won't help you, but i replied to say that i was thinking
of doing the EXCACT same thing!!! if you find anything could you keep me
posted, and i'll perhaps do the same for you? my email: taxihamster@onebox.com

In lugnet.robotics.tele, Torfi Frans Olafsson writes:
Hi

I'm working on a telerobotics project where I use various input devices an a
PC to control a Mindstorms robot, equipped with a wireless video camera.

I was reading somewhere , either in the spririt.ocx or NQC documentation,
that there's some method of communicating between the PC and RCX via RF (
radio ). -Does anyone here know how to do this, or has anyone succesfully
built an RF link? Is this perhaps something that was done at MIT MedaLab
when they were building the prototypes and never implemented in the
commercial version of Mindstorms?

Torfi

Torfi Frans Olafsson
Lead 3d artist - CCP